Sunday, July 1, 2012

CAS177 Get Well Butterfly

CAS177 Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers.


Our challenge is to use Olive, Navy and White in a CAS card. I purchased a Balzer Designs Mini Butterflies 6"x6" Template and was waiting for an opportunity to open the package. I stenciled the butterfly with Distress ink shabby shutters and the detail layer in Stampin' Up new In color "Midnight Muse. I used Tim Holtz' blending tool to sponge the solid portion of the butterfly and a makeup sponge for the blue stencil detailing. I then cut it out and gave the butterfly a little curling with my fingers. I adhered with Glue Glider. 
The striped dp is from Making Memories Kids 6x6 Pad Ethan. Liquid pearls was used for the eyes and antennae. 





6 comments:

Lee Mae said...

I saw your card on Facebook - Splitcoaststampers featured it. It's simply beautiful! The stenciling is fabulous.

Lisa Lara said...

Wow that is beautiful Angela. What a neat tool. I love the colors you chose.

Unknown said...

Stunning! The colors are so lifelike!

Bonnie said...

Hi Angela. I've been admiring your cards on SCS for quite some time. When I saw that you are Queen this week, I was so excited to have an excuse for CASEing one of your beauties. In looking at your gallery, I saw that you had a blog and that's doubly exciting. I can't wait to get to my craft room and play. By the way, this is another beauty. Thanks so much for all the inspiration!

Lee Mae said...

Hi Angela! I CASED your card because I just loved it so much I had to have a go.

Pamela Levingston said...

Now you have done it. I have to buy another stencil! Lovely card.