Thursday, February 14, 2013

Purple Bliss


CAS - Colours & Sketches Challenge #12 - Sketch

My card today is for the Clean and Simple challenge above. I'm always in need of a wedding or shower card and wanted to add to my depleting stash. I have a friend whose niece is having a shower and the color sceme is lavender.
 I've used stamps for Stampin Up "Just Believe" cling set (the circles) and the sentiment is from Hero Arts "Everyday Sayings". 
I wanted the circles to show because they are so pretty and therefore, added a vellum panel over the embossed white card stock (Sizzix paisley embossing folder). I then stitched because it's hard to use adhesives with vellum. The flower is Tim Holts tattered pinecone roll more like a rose.




10 comments:

Kylie said...

Beautiful, Angela! I love that you didn't hide your circles. Beautiful embossing! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS - Colours and Sketches xx

Becky said...

wow, Angela, this is gorgeous..You did an awesome job on this sketch challenge.

sandie said...

This is stunning Angela, I love the vellum and stitching, so much detail in this card but still wonderfully CAD. Thanks for joining us at CAS-COLOUR and Sketches

Louise van Vuren said...

Just beautiful! Stunning use of the sketch with so many special touches, perfect for the occasion. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Colours and Sketches

Louise xx

Audrey Hiltke said...

Stunning, just stunning. I'm glad to see you pull out the new SU paper here - I haven't had a chance to use mine yet and am yet again grateful for the inspiration. Have a great Sunday!
Hugs,
Audrey

Jacqueline said...

Wow - this is gorgeous - love the use of the circle stamp from Just Believe, great embossing too. Thanks for joining in this week at CAS - Colours and Sketches - Jacqueline xx

Paula Knall said...

This is stunning Angela... absolutely beautiful! Paula xxx

karen h said...

Beautiful card! I love the circles they look lacey - perfect for this card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous card, Angela - congrats on your win at CAS Colours & Sketches! The vellum looks fabulous!

Monica said...

Such a beauty... the flower is divine. The vellum looks wow.
Very pretty creation and I am now a follower. Would love it if you follow me too ;-)

Happy crafting,
Monica