Saturday, February 9, 2013

Orchids



What a romantic site!
I was inspired by two orchid plants from An Angel at My Table websit for the Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.

I used a Marvy pansy punch to make the orchids by trimming the punched pieces to look more like the orchid petals. I also used the memory box tulip petals dies for the centers of the orchids. All parts were punched out of shimmer white card stock and painted with “twinkling H2O’s Pink Azalea” and LuminArte Black Cherry and Sunflower for the center portions. Several styluses were used and a QuicKutz cookie cutter Vine die.

This card is also for the
Mixed Media Challenge at SCS - MIX2 It's Not Hard To Resist 
Embossing Resist technique

I first stamped the damask background onto white card stock and heat embossed with white powder. I then stamped the script and sponged the entire panel with Canary and Pink inks from pads. 



top is the Marvy Pansy punched
center is the punched piece cut to look similar to orchid petals
bottom are the memory box Tulip Petals used for center

1 comment:

Becky said...

OH My word, these flowers are stunning Angela..